Join as an Software Engineering Manager
- In this key role, you’ll be leading a team of talented and creative engineers to build products for Mettle
- As an Engineering Manager, you’re self-motivated with a passion for both business and technology innovation, and have the ability to clearly understand the user experience and apply this understanding to enhance the overall customer experience
- You should be confident leading engineering across multiple teams, solving complex problems, as well as providing technical coaching and oversight to other engineers.
What you’ll do
Software Engineering Managers are instrumental to the success of our engineering teams. Part people leader, part technical problem-solver, to succeed, you’ll need to have a deep understanding of what motivates and inspires great software engineers, be able to navigate them through technical challenges and work collaboratively with Product Managers to maximise the value we ship to our customers.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Line managing software engineers and quality engineers in a matrixed product engineering organisation, across empowered squads
- Owning technical stewardship of one or more of Mettle’s product mission teams
- Conducting regular 1-2-1s to ensure your direct reports are motivated, happy and engaged
- Providing engineering support and guidance to mission Product Managers, Product Owners and squad technical leads
- Maintaining a supportive and engaging team culture focused on high performance
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with experience of building and designing scalable and performant systems and making significant contributions to the wider engineering goals of an organisation. We’ll look to you to have excellent leadership skills and experience of leading a team of highly skilled engineers.
You’ll also have:
- Solid practical and theoretical knowledge of modern software development
- Experience in hiring and developing great people including and improving recruitment processes for software engineers
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Not the right role?
We’re always on the lookout for talented people. If you don’t see the right role today, sign up to job alerts and we’ll let you know when something more suitable comes up.Set up job alerts