Join us as an Onboarding & Financial Crime Manager
- We’re looking for an experienced leader to join Mettle and manage the delivery of financial checks for existing and new clients
- You’ll be collaborating with stakeholders to identify ways to improve the operational efficiency of onboarding, lifecycle processes and client exits, at a legal entity level
- We’ll give you the opportunity to progress your career and hone your knowledge with externally recognised qualifications
- You'll be supporting out of hours work and providing weekend supporton a shift basis
What you'll do
As an Onboarding & Financial Crime Manager, you’ll be monitoring financial crime and reputational risk issues through to conclusion. We’ll look to you to establish an effective gap analysis, monitoring, controlling and reporting key activities for financial crime initiatives and projects to efficiently coordinate actions, responses and challenges. And, you’ll be working in partnership with key stakeholders to make sure they fully understand the financial check strategy and agenda, building a climate of continuous improvement.
Another key part of you role will be leading a team of onboarding and financial crime investigators. You'll be coaching and supporting your team to manage financial crime risks while meeting agreed service levels, and helping them in their delivery, escalating and delegating appropriately.
Additionally, you’ll be:
- Making sure that the team understands the concept of client life cycle management and their role in delivering those strategies
- Acting as deputy secretariat for risk forums, preparing meeting inputs and outputs, and reporting forum outcomes to the relevant risk committee
- Attending regulatory project working groups to make decisions on behalf of the bank, challenging any decisions which may not be in the best interests of your business area and its clients
- Producing regular risk appetite statements and any other relevant MI that’s needed in support of the risk appetite
- Initiating and driving forward medium sized, relatively complex improvements with minimum support
- Navigating challenging trade-offs between achieving goals and ensuring an optimal customer experience
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with a detailed understanding of financial crime regulations and legislation relating to AML, CTF, activity-based costing and sanctions. You’ll have the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively on complex matters, alongside the interpersonal skills to work with, influence and support senior management on critical projects.
You’ll also need:
- A broad understanding of regulated products and the financial industry
- Project management experience with excellent time management skills
- A creative and innovative mindset, with great a customer focus and an eye for detail
- The ability to work independently and the enthusiasm to keep learning and honing your expertise
- Strong negotiation and relationship management skills
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Not the right role?
We’re always on the lookout for talented people. If you don’t see the right role today, sign up to job alerts and we’ll let you know when something more suitable comes up.Set up job alerts