Join Mettle as an Application Security Engineer
- This is an excellent opportunity for someone highly interested in security to help develop and improve Mettle’s security posture
- You’ll be working with multiple stakeholders, in both engineering and business capabilities, to understand implementation and process decisions and help improve them
- It’s a hands on and critical role that will see you helping to make sure we roll out applications that are as safe and secure as possible for our customers
What you'll do
As an Application Security Engineer, you’ll be working closely with the Head of Security to define and develop the necessary tools and processes within Mettle. You’ll gain exposure to offensive and defensive security techniques in an agile environment, and collaboration with all the different teams in mettle, including development, platform, risk and architecture. You’ll be working with security tooling to develop more tools as the business grows, while also promoting and implementing new security initiatives.
You’ll also be:
- Hands on with strong technical skills in mobile and web application security
- Documenting all of Mettle’s security practices and systems, ranging from business level security down to technology level security
- Providing feedback and presenting documentation to key stakeholders within the bank and the Mettle business
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone who’s highly interested in security with an ability to work in a fast paced agile environment. You'll have hands-on experience with security testing and hacking mobile and web apps as well as the ability to work with engineers and product owners to integrate security as early into the development lifecycle as possible.
You’ll also need:
- To be a strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for learning and developing your knowledge and expertise
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Not the right role?
We’re always on the lookout for talented people. If you don’t see the right role today, sign up to job alerts and we’ll let you know when something more suitable comes up.Set up job alerts