Join Mettle as a Product Owner
- Working with the Product Manager your time will be split between discovery and delivery and you will be tasked to find the best solutions to prioritised customer and business problems, working collaboratively with other squad members and stakeholders
- You will analyse research, talk to customers, analyse data and review feature requests. You’ll collaborate with your squad on prototyping and validation of potential solutions to customer problems and establish that proposed features are valuable, usable, feasible and compliant with policies and regulations.
- You'll be putting the customer at the heart of our digital channel plans and constantly improving their digital journey
What you'll do
As a Product Owner, you’ll be leading the development and continuous improvement of a range of digital feature sets, working with talented designers and engineers to deliver the best outcomes for our customers. You’ll be setting the vision for a whole host of digital features, making sure that we create a world-class digital experience for our customers. What’s more, you’ll take ownership of the digital roadmap and the definition, management and prioritisation of the digital backlog.
You’ll also be:
- Leading product discovery by conducting customer research and collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders
- Building the best overall picture for your assigned product areas and be the go-to person for information and updates on your product area
- Prioritise]ing the squad backlog, deciding what gets worked on and in what order in consultation with the cross functional team and stakeholders
- Breaking EPICs into detailed user stories and feature specifications in JIRA for the team to pick up and build (story, acceptance criteria and scenarios)
- Working with the technology leads to set objectives for sprints and ensure the quality of output - ensuring Product Governance processes are adhered to - with particular focus on risk and regulatory compliance
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you’ll need to have previous experience of working in a Scrum or Agile team. You’ll need the ability to innovate, partner and collaborate with customers and colleagues to implement the best digital experience for our customers. In addition, you’ll have a successful track record of digital delivery and operations along with digital channel management and human centred design experience.
You’ll also be expected to have:
- An understanding of the needs of business customers and how we can serve them digitally
- Technical background with a fundamental understanding of product, software development and UX
- Overall understanding of technologies across mobile, web and APIs
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Not the right role?
We’re always on the lookout for talented people. If you don’t see the right role today, sign up to job alerts and we’ll let you know when something more suitable comes up.Set up job alerts