Join us as a Front End Web Engineer
- This is an opportunity for a technically minded React Software Engineer to join Mettle, one of the banks Ventures where digital, innovation and strategy comes together
- You'll be working with new and innovative technology to deliver high impact solutions
- Hone your existing software engineering skills and advance your career in this critical role
What you'll do
You’ll apply widely agreed software engineering principles and methodologies to design, develop, test and maintain applications and services to achieve the stated business and technology goals within required budgets and timelines. We’ll also look to you to oversee the quality of work, making sure that it meets the technical standards for all services output.
- Design and develop reusable libraries and APIs for use across the bank
- Design and develop software that is amenable for a greater automation of build, release testing and deployment process on all environments
- Drive the reuse and sharing of platform components and technologies within the software engineering teams
- Deliver software components to enable the delivery of platforms, applications and services
- Write unit and integration tests, in automated test environments to ensure code quality
The skills you'll need
You’ll need a strong background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture, as well as extensive experience of developing software in a SOA or micro-services paradigm. You should also have development experience in a programming language, experience of using industry recognised frameworks and development tooling, and a background of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, availability and performance.
You’ll also need:
- Working within an agile feature team, developing and enhancing the Mettle website, web app and other internal tools
- Develop clean, elegant, and reusable code that is well-tested and easy to maintain and extend
- Experience with optimising code for performance and quality
- Experience working in a Test Driven Development environment
- Working knowledge of Apollo (client and server), React Hooks, SASS/SCSS and Webpack
- Good knowledge of Node.js and production-level GraphQL
- Message-driven architectures / Kafka / event sourcing
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Not the right role?
We’re always on the lookout for talented people. If you don’t see the right role today, sign up to job alerts and we’ll let you know when something more suitable comes up.Set up job alerts