Join us as a Software Development Engineer in Test
- Working in Mettle, this key role will see you helping to define and implement the testing strategy across our products
- Working in customer focused agile teams, you’ll be collaborating with product managers, designers and engineers to define the next iteration of the business area
What you'll do
We’ll look to you to define and continually improve the testing strategy for new and existing products. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with software engineers from all specialisms to discover and build solutions that ensure reliable and scalable testing of our software and deliver a high quality, secure product to our customers at pace.
You’ll also be:
- Developing clean, elegant, and reusable code that is easy to maintain and extend
- Defining the team’s approach to testing, as well as providing technical mentoring and oversight for other engineers in the team
- Building scalable automated testing systems that enables us to deliver value to customers at pace
- Assisting other engineers to test their software and acting as an expert
- Driving the direction of our testing chapter to make sure that it maintains the highest standards of technology and process
The skills you'll need
On top of this, you’ll bring:
- Knowledge of software performance and automated security testing techniques and tooling
- An awareness of cloud infrastructure and configuration
- A strong understanding of behaviour driven development
- Experience of delivering and testing distributed microservices as part of an agile team
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Not the right role?
We’re always on the lookout for talented people. If you don’t see the right role today, sign up to job alerts and we’ll let you know when something more suitable comes up.Set up job alerts