Join us as a Product Owner - Customer Application & Onboarding
- We’re looking for a Product Owner to join an agile product team which is focussed on scaling up Mettle
- You’ll be leading and developing the capabilities and tooling to allow us to rapidly grow our business by acquiring more customers
- We want to work with people who believe in what we do, who aren’t afraid to make mistakes and take chances.
What you'll do
As a Product Owner, you’ll be working in an agile product team which is focussed on scaling up Mettle by developing the systems to allow us to rapidly grow our business by acquiring more customers, and retaining them leading the development and continuous improvement of a range of digital feature sets, working with talented designers and engineers to deliver the best outcomes for our customers. Whilst you will join the ‘Scalable Business’ product team, there may be an opportunity to work in other product teams over time.
You’ll work closely with the Product Manager and other Product Owners for the Scalable Business Product team and in a cross-collaborative manner with other mission teams and guild leads.
You’ll also be:
- Lead product discoveries for your area of the product to understand the requirements that will need to be delivered
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders during the discovery phase in order to understand the regulatory, operations and technical considerations of the problem space
- Prioritise your product backlog to ensure value is delivered often and early
- Work with the Product Manager and Solution Architect to ensure the mission team roadmaps align with the overall product roadmap
- Write feature specifications for the development team and ensure they are clearly understood by ensuring tickets in the backlog are ‘ready’ for pick-up
- Work with the Engineering lead to set objectives for sprints and ensure the quality of output
- Solve product related issues, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to keep business commitments on track and drive issue resolution
- Extract and analyse data in order to drive business decisions
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you’ll need to have previous experience of working in a Scrum or Agile team. You’ll need the ability to innovate, partner and collaborate with customers and colleagues to implement the best digital experience for our customers. In addition, you’ll have a successful track record of digital delivery and operations along with digital channel management and human centred design experience.
You’ll also be expected to have:
- Product management and technical background with a fundamental understanding of product, software development and UX
- Ideally have experience/knowledge of designing and building onboarding customer journeys across both customer facing applications and internal systems
- Strong approach to customer research and product discovery
- Overall understanding of technologies across mobile, web and API
- Deep understanding and experience with Agile methodologies
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Not the right role?
We’re always on the lookout for talented people. If you don’t see the right role today, sign up to job alerts and we’ll let you know when something more suitable comes up.Set up job alerts