Join us as a Platform Engineer
- We're looking for someone comfortable writing code with an understanding of good development principles to design, build and improve our platforms in Mettle
- You’ll be making sure that they are secure, scalable and available, collaborating across teams to share and re-utilise good practice and technology stack
- Hone your technical expertise and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
As a Platform Engineer, you’ll make sure that our platforms are robust, value for money and continuously optimised. You’ll be seen to make sure the technology stack is constantly enhanced by adding new features and ensuring defects are resolved in a timely manner. In addition, we’ll also look to you to contribute to the code base and make sure that it is clean, elegant, reusable, and easy to maintain and extend.
- Proactively perform code and design peer reviews
- Make sure platforms and operational issues, defects, maintenance activities are prioritised appropriately and provide highly available and performing solutions
- Own, develop and improve platform engineering tools, processes and ways of working
- Pioneer new ideas to improve platform delivery lifecycles from design, code, automation to effective operational support
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with a strong customer focus and extensive hands on experience of AWS, design, build and deployment using CI and CD. You'll have a deep understanding of Kubernetes and experience building and managing your own cluster. Ideally, you'll have experience diagnosing platform issues in a Kubernetes production environment.
You should be able to take a leading role in solving complex problems, as well as providing technical coaching to engineers across the mission teams at Mettle.
You’ll also need:
- Strong AWS and Terraform experience
- To be an advocate for containerisation and cloud native solutions
- Excellent knowledge of Go or another language
- A solid understanding of CI and CD principles
- A passion for designing and building scalable solutions that cater to a wide user base
- The ability to look at issues from multiple viewpoints and take a pragmatic approach to reach the best resolution
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Not the right role?
We’re always on the lookout for talented people. If you don’t see the right role today, sign up to job alerts and we’ll let you know when something more suitable comes up.Set up job alerts