Join us as a Cloud Architect, Mettle
- This is an opportunity for a driven Cloud Architect to take on an exciting new career challenge
- You’ll be able to build and maintain a wide network of stakeholders of varying degrees of seniority
- It’s a chance to have a tangible effect on our function, put your existing skills to the test and advance your career
What you'll do
You’ll define the architecture and high level design for the assigned scope that provide solutions to the required business outcomes and meets the bank's strategy. You'll define and communicate the shared technical and architectural view of end to end designs using solution building blocks that may span multiple platforms and domains.
- Work with Engineers, Engineering Managers & Product Managers to understand requirements and help architect and design solutions
- Undertake architecture reviews, such as AWS’ Well-Architected framework reviews, to ensure that our Cloud architecture is following best practices and standards
- Own the technical design issues and drive resolution through the iteration of the technical solution design
- Participate in activities to shape requirements, validate designs and prototypes to deliver change the aligns with the target architecture
- Promote adaptive design practices to drive collaboration of feature teams around a common technical vision using continuous feedback
- Make recommendations of potential impact to existing and prospective customers of the latest technology and customer trends by using the latest industry thinking
The skills you'll need
You'll be a practitioner of application architecture, and in at least one of business, data or infrastructure architecture with a foundation level knowledge in the remaining disciplines.
You’ll also need:
- To be comfortable with various Google Cloud Platform (GCP) components required for cloud native platforms
- Experience of Terraform or other declarative infrastructure paradigms
- An understanding of and implementation experience with computer systems networking and distributed architectures
- Knowledge of containerisation and orchestration technologies and implementation patterns such as Docker and Kubernetes
- An understanding of Agile and contemporary methodologies with experience of working in Agile teams
- Experience of defining application architectures and roadmaps for complex solutions working for all layers of the technical architecture
- Experience of delivering solutions that securely span a complex infrastructure domain including real-time integration into cloud or SaaS solutions
- Experience of systems development change lifecycles, best practices and approaches
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Not the right role?
We’re always on the lookout for talented people. If you don’t see the right role today, sign up to job alerts and we’ll let you know when something more suitable comes up.Set up job alerts