Join us as a Senior Technical Security Analyst
- This is an opportunity to take on a technical role and make a tangible impact on our function
- You’ll be able to build and maintain a wide network of stakeholders of varying seniority
- Hone your existing technical skills and advance your career in this critical, fast paced role
What you'll do
We're looking for a Senior Technical Security Analyst to join the Mettle team. You'll work closely with the Head of Security to develop, manage and maintain both intelligence and risk led detections across the cloud infrastructure, SaaS services and end user devices.
You’ll also be accountable for making sure that adequate response plans, procedures and playbooks to increase consistency and effectiveness of response capability are created and maintained for all business areas.
- Collaborate with internal and external colleagues, specialists and stakeholders to ensure activities relating to incident response, user access, alert monitoring, root cause analysis and scenario planning are completed in line with standard operating procedures and to a high standard
- Respond to customer queries and security events, making sure that feedback loops are in place and learn early how to improve service and response
- Proactively identify and manage risk escalation to deliver key security related customer and compliance outcomes
- Interrogate and interpret large volumes of data and understand the root cause of problems
- Create and maintain documentation, and support controls and quality assurance in line with the bank’s standards
The skills you'll need
You’ll need excellent communication skills both written and verbally, and the ability to translate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues. You should also have good collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
In addition, you’ll need:
- Excellent knowledge of security event logging, monitoring, detection and response on one or more of the leading Cloud platforms
- Experience with SIEM tools
- A good understanding and knowledge of common industry cyber security frameworks, standards and methodologies, including; OWASP, MITRE ATT&CK and NIST which is essential
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as python
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Not the right role?
We’re always on the lookout for talented people. If you don’t see the right role today, sign up to job alerts and we’ll let you know when something more suitable comes up.Set up job alerts