Join us as a Strategic Planning & Partnerships Lead
- This is an excellent opportunity to take a leading role in defining, delivering and evolving our business strategy at Mettle
- You’ll be accountable for strategic business planning, overseeing financial planning and analysis, and partnerships engagement and management
- You'll gain great exposure as you develop stakeholder relationships across the function and with third parties, giving you the platform to raise your profile and progress your career
What you'll do
Mettle is a free business account by NatWest for small businesses, startups, limited companies, sole traders, contractors and freelancers. We believe there is something different about people who start their own business, and so we’ve built an app that our customers can rely on and makes managing finances as fast and simple as possible.
As Strategic Planning & Partnerships Lead at Mettle, you’ll be working closely with your colleagues to define and deliver our partnerships strategy. This will involve managing external service partners, third party vendors and services providers, as well as leading the process to develop, secure and manage the investment budget.
Your other key responsibilities will be:
- Leading the strategic review process, evolving this in line with internal and external changes, influences, insights, and sponsoring research as needed
- Defining and developing the business blueprint and five year roadmap
- Tracking and measuring the performance against the strategy, including developing and communicating business objectives and producing status reports and dashboards
- Tracking and managing third party compliance and performance
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with strategic leadership and programme delivery expertise. You’ll have experience as a Management Accountant with a proven track record of financial planning and analysis, and you should also have a comprehensive understanding of business banking, ideally including the SME segment.
With your commercial acumen, you’ll have the ability to balance commercial needs with a view towards optimising both the customer experience and long term customer behaviours.
We’re also looking for:
- A track record of influencing and shaping business strategy
- A strong understanding of procurement and experience of commercial negotiation
- Knowledge of programme management methodology
- Experience of developing and evolving strategy reviews
- A skilled communicator, comfortable challenging colleagues, executives and senior stakeholders when necessary
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Not the right role?
We’re always on the lookout for talented people. If you don’t see the right role today, sign up to job alerts and we’ll let you know when something more suitable comes up.Set up job alerts