Join us as an Engineering Manager
- In this key role, you’ll be leading a team of talented and creative engineers to build products
- We’ll look to you to deliver exceptionally high-quality work and empower engineers to make a big impact
- It’s a great opportunity to be recognised for your expertise and knowledge as you contribute to the bank-wide strategy
What you’ll do
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll be implementing and deploying engineering work with the team. You’ll work closely with the team’s product owner and delivery manager to plan and prioritise impactful technology investment initiatives.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Working with our guild leads, making sure the team delivers the highest standards of technical design and implementation
- Identifying and eliminating challenges, enabling the engineers to perform
- Supporting the team to deliver value at pace while managing the expectations of stakeholders
- Developing talent and maintaining a supportive and engaging team culture that’s focused on high performance
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with experience of building and designing scalable and performant systems and making significant contributions to the wider engineering goals of an organisation. We’ll look to you to have excellent leadership skills and experience of leading a team of highly skilled engineers.
You’ll also have:
- Strong practical and theoretical knowledge of Java software development
- A background in message driven architectures, Kafka or event sourcing
- An understanding of Kubernetes or Docker
- An excellent understanding of deploying and configuring AWS
- Strong experience of Spring Boot
What else you need to know
Working at NatWest Group Poland
At NatWest Group Poland, we provide world-class services and solutions to our 19 million banking customers globally. We help create a safe bank and provide data analysis to support decision-making. Whether it’s onboarding a new client, monitoring a transaction, or creating a financial report, we provide essential analysis to help leaders make informed decisions.
Your work-life balance
We offer different types of working arrangements to allow the best in collaboration, and to give flexibility where it’s needed. Some of these arrangements depend on the type of job you do, and some of them depend on you and the type of flexibility you need.
This is a hybrid role, which means you’ll come into our Warsaw office to collaborate with your colleagues at least 2 times per month.
Your flexible benefits package
We believe that rewards are about more than the salary you receive for a job well done. By offering a range of flexible benefits, we give you the chance to choose what's most important for your lifestyle today, and for your future tomorrow.
- Employee Pension Plan (EPP)
- Life insurance
- Share plans
- Social Fund activities and Cafeteria, including co-financing holiday for children
- Medical healthcare, including dental for family members
- Sodexo lunch card
- Employee Referral programme
- Multiple shopping and entertainment discounts
- Multi-sport card and NatWest sports activities
- Language courses, financing professional qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Long service award
- Glasses refund
Can’t find the perfect role for you?
We're always on the lookout for talented people. If you don't see the right role today, sign up to job alerts and we'll let you know when something more suitable comes up.