Join us as a UX Researcher
- Join an open and collaborative environment, where you’ll be helping to develop a programme of research for product-related human-centred design (HCD) challenges
- You'll work closely with other members of the product team to deliver consistent, efficient, and enjoyable experiences
- This is a great opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills while making a real difference for our customers
What you'll do
As a UX Researcher, you’ll be leading, defining and conducting investigations into customer experiences for our current and prospective products.
Working closely with product owners, UX designers, visual designers, and other stakeholders, you’ll be using a variety of techniques and tools to elicit the insight necessary to make informed and HCD decisions.
Additionally, you’ll be:
- Contributing to the development of high-level storyboards and journey mapping to communicate goals, motives, and the means by which groups of customers use, or will use, a given product
- Providing HCD recommendations based on research insight or recognised principles in psychology or ergonomics, supporting the design of solutions
- Using multiple research techniques and providing the design team with multiple sources to understand and empathise with customer or user needs
- Participating in content and application audits, including gauging the usability of new and existing products and making constructive suggestions for change
- Acting as a champion of HCD by recommending the best possible UX research practice, principles and processes
The skills you'll need
You’ll need to have experience of supporting HCD processes and using both qualitative and quantitative research techniques to address design challenges for new and existing products or services. We’ll expect you to have the ability to use UX design research tools, including DScout, Optimal Workshop, Dovetail, Usability Hub and video editing software. You’ll also be creative in your problem solving and be able to work well as part of an Agile team environment.
We’ll also be looking for:
- Knowledge of research techniques, including UX evaluative testing, focus groups, diary studies, ethnographic observation, survey design and co-creation workshops
- The ability to deliver relevant and effective insight under varying project constraints
- Experience supporting HCD processes for both desktop and mobile, by leading research design and creating research material
- A background in human-computer interaction, psychology, sociology, or a related field
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills across all levels with an ability to champion design thinking and influence key stakeholders
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Not the right role?
We’re always on the lookout for talented people. If you don’t see the right role today, sign up to job alerts and we’ll let you know when something more suitable comes up.Set up job alerts